Saturday 10 March 2012

Z-Fold Envelope Mini

I have finally finished my mom's mini that I have been attempting to finish since christmas. I was inspired by Laura from Following the paper trail.  This album is generations of my mom's family.

For the cover I upholstered it with white fabric. I used ribbon from stampin' up and created my first ribbon flower. I backed it with tulle and added pearls.  The title is on stampin' up's label die. And I used a recollection flower. 

It's called a Z-fold mini because you use two enveloples. I used a 3 3/8"* 6" coin envelope and attached it to a 5 7/8" * 9 envelope to make the page look like a Z. You then cut the bottom of the bigger envelope add a brad in the middle to create two small pockets. I made six pages and on each page I was able to put between 6 to 7 pictures.


The paper line I used is from K and Company the Classic K McKenna. All the flowers I used are Recollections. On this page I added a Tim Holtz clock and stampin' up lace trim.

Here I used stampin' up's corner photo punch and added pearls. Then on the back of each of the coin envelopes I added a pocket with a tag.  I then used a Tim Holtz flimstrip ribbon and charm that says Time.


This is probably my favourite page, this is my parents wedding picture. The lace and butterfly are from walmart. I also used Prima bling and Prima key/heart charms.


Here is my wedding picture with my husband Scott and our boys Bradley and Matthew and my parents.  I used Tim Holtz rose trim and glimmer misted three recollections flowers.


                                                 The stamps I used for all the tags:
                                                Butterflies Cling by Inkadinkado
                                                Prima stamp set item#551087
                                                Life in Pictures by Ali Edwards
                                                Bale & Ivy by Kaisercraft
                                                English Rose by Kaisercraft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXJbtc8XEUU&context=C41fe122ADvjVQa1PpcFMIIq11SGyAikt3ctcf_aCAqYHhbaa9gxs=

Thanks for looking!!!

2 comments:

  1. Your mini is gorgeous. Such a special gift for your mom. It will be cherished for generations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I would answer your question on here, hope you don't mind.
    The paper I used on my distress card was Prima paper. I just bought it on our trip, so I am assuming it is pretty new.

    ReplyDelete