Tuesday 14 February 2012

Gatefold Mini Flora and Fauna

It took me awhile to finish this mini it kept getting bigger and bigger. LOL!!! I have never made a gatefold mini before. I found once I was done I couldn't close it. I'm still learning the best way to bind mini albums.  I got a bind it all for christmas I just need to learn to use it now.  I have posted this album on you tube I will try and link it below. Here are some pictures of the mini.


The paper I used is the K and Company Flora and Fauna paper collection. The frame, flowers and the family stamp are all from Michaels.  The die cut I used is from Stampin' up's new lables die.  The butterfly is from the collection.  I made my first charm, YEAH!!! I used a prima birdcage and bird. A Tim Holtz key that says Life. And a little clock and heart from my stash.



Using the designer paper I made a corner pocket. I made two tags using my Sentimentals cricut cartridge.  The lace trim is from Stampin' up and the butterfly is from the collection. The flower on top of the tags were white recollections flowers. And I glimmer misted it with Latte (I love this colour).


I used a 12 * 12 and scored it to make this. For the journaling I used the camera stamp from Technique Tuesday called Life in Pictures.  And the eggs are from 7gypsies Conservatory stamp set.


Here's a picture of how I made it into a gatefold, there's four parts to it.  The two middle sections I used a coin envelope and destressed all the pages using walnut stain from Tim Holtz.


This page I used my spellbinders die and made it into a little book. I made a stick pin and put it behind a recollections flower.  The trim and lace are from an antique store.  The key and heart are Prima.


Here's a picture of my Husband Scott and I on our wedding day. With our two boys Bradley and Matthew.  I used the Tim Holtz birdcage die and painted it and used a crackle medium.  The charm on top is from my stash. The flower is from Michaels and the pearls are Prima.

Thanks for looking and the link for my you tube video is below.

Gatefold mini

Subscribe or leave comments I would to know your thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Your mini album is gorgeous. That paper is stunning.
    I really like your interactive pages :)

    ReplyDelete